Money & Finance

These pages contain information on money and finances. This includes financial support, finance and debt advice and fees and funding at College and University. 

Birmingham City Council have pulled together some information and advice for all those concerned about the rise in the cost of living: 

Some support will only be relevant to College or HE students. Please see those pages for specific advice. 


We know that some services at University College Birmingham may have changed or stopped as a result of Coronavirus. Please check our COVID-19 page for the most up to date information.


Student Finance England

Student Finance England may be able to lend you money to help pay for University or College tuition fees and be able to help with living costs. Some students may be able to access additional funding if you are disabled, have children/caring responsibilities or if you/your family have a low income. 


Citizens Advice 

Citizens Advice can provide independant advice and information on finances, money and debt. They have a broad range of resources and information. You can access information on their website, talk to a Debt Advisor online or visit in centre. 

The closest Citizens Advice to UCB is:

Ground Floor Gazette Buildings 168 Corporation Street
West Midlands
B4 6TF

You can contact their Information Helpline from 9.30-16.30pm, Monday-Friday.

Telephone: 03444 77 1010


Money Advice Service 

The Money Advice Service was set up by government to provide free and impartial money advice. This includes information on budgeting, planning ahead and keeping track of your finances. You can chat with them online, Whatsapp them or call from 8-6pm, Monday-Friday. 

Whatsapp: 447701342744

Telephone: 0800 138 1677



StepChange are a national debt charity who can provide free, confidential advice. You can get advice from their website, use their online form or call from 8-8pm, Monday-Friday or 8-4pm on a Saturday. 

Telephone: 0800 138 1111