Will I be covered by my halls insurance still?

Yes. If you are living in UCB Halls of Residence, you will be covered by their block insurance through Endsleigh. Endsleigh have said they want to reduce any stress or uncertainty you may face, and have made some changes to their policy to support you.

Below is a summary of these:

Students leaving possessions inside their room

Endsleigh recognises that students may have left halls of residence urgently to return home, and that belongings may have been left inside rooms. To support this Endsleigh have have waived their 60 day unoccupancy policy, meaning that any belongings left in halls of residence will be insured for an 'unlimited period of time during the policy period'.


Students travelling home

Endsleigh recognises that students will take some important belongings with them. To support this they have offered cover for belongings from theft during transit of up to £500 per bag of belonginings.  This cover is in place anytime during the policy period and applies to travel within the UK only. 


Providing storage for student possessions

Endsleigh recognises that students may wish to put items in external storage for an unknown period of time. As a result, the cover of belongings is still valid whilst they are in external storage.  This will include all valuables up to the limits of your policy certificate.


What if I want to make a claim?

Endsleigh's claims team are still working, so you should be able to do so. If you wish to make a claim then please see the information below: 

  • Claims can be registered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by reporting them online via www.endsleigh.co.uk/newclaims
  • Endsleigh’s Claims Service is open five days a week, Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:30pm; Phone number - 0800 923 4042. This number will be directed to an out of hours support service outside of these times.