Our Clean Sport Commitment
University College Birmingham and UCB Guild adopts the UK Anti-Doping and World Anti- Doping Agency (WADA) position that cheating, including doping, in sport is fundamentally contrary to the spirit of sport, undermining the otherwise positive impact of sport on society.
UCB Guild, in association with UKAD, commits to support “Clean Sport” in the UK in the following ways:
- UCB Guild supports the mission of UKAD and WADA in achieving “Clean Sport”.
- UCB Guild expects all our members to play, train and compete in line with the spirit of sport, including the anti-doping rules.
- UCB Guild is committed to supporting the prevention of doping behaviour in the UK in collaboration with other sporting bodies
- UCB Guild supports and advocates the UKAD Anti-Doping Policy.
- Anyone acting on behalf of UCB Guild will not condone, assist or in any way support the use of prohibited substances and methods (unless based on a Therapeutic Use Exemption) in all aspects of their work.
- Anyone acting on behalf of UCB Guild will be expected to contact UKAD should they become aware of an athlete or NGB staff using or considering the usage of a prohibited substance or prohibited method. This contact will be done in confidence on the dedicated confidential “Report Doping in Sport” line.
- UCB Guild will uphold where relevant any sanctions placed upon UCB Guild staff or students by UK Anti-Doping or any other associated body.
Further details about UKAD and WADA can be found on their website, or on twitter